The Laureate dual-channel up or down totalizer is a basic operating mode of the Laureate counter with the FR dual-channel signal conditioner board. Each channel (A or B) may be independently set up and scaled to count up from zero (or other value) to a preset limit, or to count down from a preset value to zero (or other limit). Countdown operation is set up by entering a negative scale factor.
The six-digit counter display is capable of displaying any value from -999,999 to 999,999 with a programmable decimal point. Scaling allows direct readout in engineering units, such as gallons or cubic feet based on counts from a turbine flowmeter, or the count of cans based on the count of six-packs. The displayed channel (A or B) is selected via a front panel pushbutton. The totals are stored in non-volatile memory so as to be retained in the absence of power.
The minimum recommended complementary option for the Laureate totalizer is the dual setpoint controller output board, which is available with either 8A relays or AC/DC solid state relays.
An optional Extended counter version provides capabilities beyond those of the Standard counter:
- Rate and total simultaneously. Channel A can display total while Channel B displays rate. The selection of A or B for display is via a front panel pushbutton. This mode is ideal for flow applications.
- Up/down counting. Channel A can serve as an up/down counter, where the count direction is dynamically changed by applying a signal to Channel B. For instance, Channel A can count and scale pulses from a turbine flow meter, while Channel B inputs the direction of flow. This allows total volume to be tracked in case of reversible flow.
- Totalizing with external inhibit. Totalizing by Channel A can be temporarily inhibited by applying a signal to Channel B. For instance, 60 Hz AC pulses can be counted by Channel A and be scaled to display elapsed hours. A signal can be applied to Channel B to start or stop pulse counting when a process is in operation.
- Custom curve linearization. Exceptionally accurate custom curve linearization is achievable, for example to linearize the low end of turbine flow meters. For setup, up to 180 data points can be input into a spreadsheet or text file by the user. The computer then calculates spline fit segments, which are downloaded into the meter via RS232. The linearized rate can then be totalized by the Extended counter.
- Arithmetic functions. The Extended counter makes arithmetic functions available, namely A+B, A-B, AxB, A/B and A/B-1. These solve many applications. For instance, A+B allows two input flows to be summed for total volume, while A-B allows outflow to be subtracted from inflow for net volume. A/B allows the mixing of ingredients in a specified ratio. By monitoring and alarming the A/B volume ratio, ingredient B can be added to A until the proper ratio is achieved.
The FR dual-channel signal conditioner accepts inputs from proximity switches with a PNP or NPN output, TTL or CMOS logic, magnetic pickups, contact closures, low-level outputs from turbine flow meters down to 12 mV, and high-level AC line inputs up to 250 Vac. Jumper selections provide optimum operation for different sensor types and noise conditions. A built-in isolated 5, 10, or 24 Vdc excitation supply can power proximity switches and other sensors, and eliminate the need for an external power supply.
Worldwide Sales & Applications Assistance
Optional plug-in boards for communications and control include Ethernet and other serial communication boards, dual or quad relay boards, and single or dual isolated analog output boards. Laureates may be powered from 85-264 Vac or optionally from 12-32 Vac or 10-48 Vdc. The display is available with red or green LEDs. The 1/8 DIN case meets NEMA 4X (IP65) specifications from the front when panel mounted. Any setup functions and front panel keys can be locked out for simplified usage and security. All power and signal connections are via UL / VDE / CSA rated screw clamp plugs.
- Two independently scalable totals for Channels A & B
- Inputs from NPN or PNP proximity switches, contact closures, digital logic, magnetic pickups down to 12 mV, or AC inputs up to 250 Vac
- Up counting from zero to preset value using positive scale factor
- Down counting from preset to zero using negative scale factor
- Totals stored in non-volatile memory
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac power
- Transducer excitation output (isolated)
- Wide choice of options:
- 2 or 4 relays, mechanical or solid state (isolated)
- 1 or 2 analog outputs (isolated)
- Serial data I/O: Ethernet, USB, RS485, RS232 (isolated)
- Extended counter version with Chl A total and Chl B rate simultaneously, up/down counting on Ch A, using Ch B to control count direction, counting on Ch A using Ch B to inhibit counting, arithmetic functions A+B, A-B, AxB, A/B, A/B-1 (draw)
|Readout||6 LED digits, 7-segment, 14.2 mm (.56"), red or green.|
|Color||Red or green LED|
|Display Range||-999999 to +999999, XXXXEX notation beyond 999999|
|Zero Adjust||-999999 to +999999|
|Span Adjust||0 to 999999|
|Indicators||Four LED lamps|
|Types||AC, pulses from NPN, PNP transistors, contact closures, magnetic pickups.|
|Signal Ground||Common ground for channels A & B|
|Channel A Freq.||0 Hz to 1 MHz|
|Channel B Freq.||0 Hz to 250 kHz|
|Minimum Signal||Nine ranges from (-12 to +12 mV) to (+1.25 to +2.1V).|
|Maximum Signal||250 Vac|
|Noise Filter||1 MHz, 30 kHz, 250 Hz (selectable)|
|Contact Debounce||0, 3, 50 ms (selectable)|
|Excitation Output (standard)|
|5 Vdc||5 Vdc ± 5%, 100 mA|
|10 Vdc||10 Vdc ± 5%, 120 mA|
|24 Vdc||24 Vdc ± 5%, 50 mA|
|Output Isolation||50 Vdc to meter ground|
|Voltage, standard||85-264 Vac or 90-300 Vdc|
|Voltage, optional||12-32 Vac or 10-48 Vdc|
|Frequency||DC or 47-63 Hz|
|Power consumption (typical, base meter)||1.2W @ 120 Vac, 1.5W @ 240 Vac, 1.3W @ 10 Vdc, 1.4W @ 20 Vdc, 1.55W @ 30 Vdc, 1.8W @ 40 Vdc, 2.15W @ 48 Vdc|
|Power Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Analog Output (optional)|
|Output levels||4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V, -10 to +10V (single-output option)|
|4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V (dual-output option)|
|Current compliance||2 mA at 10V ( > 5 kΩ load)|
|Voltage compliance||12V at 20 mA (< 600Ω load)|
|Scaling||Zero and full scale adjustable from -99999 to +99999|
|Resolution||16 bits (0.0015% of full scale)|
|Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|(dual analog outputs share the same ground)|
|Relay Outputs (optional)|
|Relay types||2 Form C contact relays or 4 Form A contact relays (NO) 2 or 4 Form A, AC/DC solid state relays (NO)|
|Current Ratings||8A at 250 Vac or 24 Vdc for contact relays 120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc for solid state relays|
|Output common||Isolated commons for dual relays or each pair of quad relays|
|Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min tes|
|Serial Data I/O (optional)|
|Board selections||RS232, RS485 (dual RJ11 or RJ45 connectors), USB, Ethernet, USB-to-RS485 converter, Ethernet-to-RS485 converter|
|Protocols||Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Modbus TCP (Ethernet), Laurel ASCII|
|Data rates||300 to 19200 baud|
|Digital addresses||247 (Modbus), 31 (Laurel ASCII),|
|Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 55°C|
|Storage temperature.||-40°C to 85°C|
|Relative humidity||95% at 40°C, non-condensing|
|Protection||NEMA-4X (IP-65) when panel mounted|
|Up/down totalizing is provided by a mode of the Extended counter where pulses are either added or subtracted on Channel A based on a direction input on Channel B. The counter can also be programmed so that counting by Channel A is inhibited by an input on Channel B.|
|Combining Two Totals|
|A+B, A-B and A/B arithmetic functions are available with the Extended counter. A+B sums both totals, while A-B subtracts the outflow total from inflow total. The A/B ratio applied to total helps assure the proper mixing of components.
Controller setup and monitoring of the mixing operation are facilitated by optional serial communications. RS485 allows a single data line to handle multiple controllers.
|Up or Down Counting with Preset|
|A single Laureate dual-channel counter will handle two repetitive fill operations by counting from zero up to a preset, or down from a preset to zero. A dual setpoint relay board is required.|
|Machine Rune Time and Utilization|
|An easy way to measure the run time of machines is to count AC line cycles and scale the total to hours. To display machine utilization or duty cycle in percent, use the Extended counter. Connect Channel A to switched AC and Channel B to the AC line, and have the counter display the A/B ratio with a 100 multiplier.|
|Total and Rate Simultaneously|
|The Extended version of the Laureate dual channel counter can display scaled rate or total for the same channel at the push of a button, and alarm both the rate and total. The Extended version can also do curve linearization, thereby extending the working range and accuracy of flow transducers.|
|The Laureate dual channel totalizer can independently scale, display and alarm two totals, and the totals plus alarm data can be transmitted via RS232 or RS485. The displayed totals can also be transmitted as an isolated 4-20 mA or 0-10V analog output. The Extended version can further display and transmit arithmetic combinations of the two totals.|
|Datasheet, Manual, Mechanical and Serial I/O info.|
Dual-Channel Pulse Input Totalizer
- Brand: Laurel Electronics, Inc.
- Model: L
- Availability: In Stock