True RMS precision circuitry is used to determine the root-mean-square of complex waveforms from DC to 15 kHz. Spikes up to 3.0 times the maximum of each range are accurately measured.
Accuracy is an exceptional 0.03% of full scale for signals from DC to 15 kHz and signal amplitude down to 0. The crest factor (Vp / Vrms) is 3.0 at full scale, increasing to 300 for a signal amplitude of 1% of full scale.
True RMS readings in as little as one 50/60 Hz AC line cycle are unmatched in the industry. Such a high read rate allows anomalies to be detected and alarmed before they become expensive problems. On/off control and alarm are provided by dual solid state relays, which are standard. The transmitter can also capture peak and valley for times as short as one 50/60 Hz AC power line cycle.
AC or DC coupling is jumper selectable. AC coupling accommodates signals from 10 Hz to 15 kHz and is suitable for applications such as measuring the ripple on a DC power supply. DC coupling accommodates signals from 0 Hz to 15 kHz. Multiple integral cycles are averaged for signals above 50/60 Hz. A single cycle is captured for signals from 3 Hz to 50/60 Hz. Below 3 Hz and at DC, the capture rate is every 333 ms.
Standard features of Laureate LT transmitters include:
- 4-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V analog transmitter output, isolated, jumper-selectable and user scalable. All selections provide 16-bit (0.0015%) resolution of output span and 0.02% output accuracy of a reading from -99,999 to +99,999 counts that is also transmitted digitally. Output isolation from signal and power grounds eliminates potential ground loop problems.
- Serial communications output, RS232 or RS485 (half or full duplex), jumper selectable. Three protocols are user selectable: Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, or Laurel ASCII. Modbus operation is fully compliant with Modbus Over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002). The Laurel ASCII protocol is simpler than the Modbus protocol and is recommended when all devices are Laureates.
- Dual solid state relays, isolated, for alarm or control. Rated 120 mA at 130 Vac or 180 Vdc.
- Universal 85-264 Vac power. Low-voltage 10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac power is optional.
Easy Transmitter programming is via Laurel's Instrument Setup Software, which runs on a PC under MS Windows. This software can be downloaded from this website at no charge. The required transmitter-to-PC interface cable is available from Laurel (P/N CBL04).
- 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V transmitter output, 16 bits, isolated
- RS232 or RS485 serial data output, Modbus or Laurel ASCII protocol, isolated
- Dual 120 mA solid state relays for alarm or control, isolated
- True AC RMS measurement in one 50/60 Hz AC line cycle
- 0.2, 2, 20, 200, 300V and 600V AC voltage ranges
- 2, 20, 200 mA and 5A AC current ranges
- All input ranges user-selectable and factory calibrated
- AC or DC coupling for signals from DC to 15 kHz
- Measurements from 0% to 100% of full scale
- 0.03% accuracy of full scale at crest factor to 3.0
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac power
|Analog Input||Range||Resolution||Input Ohms||Error at 25°C|
0-100% of FS, 10 Hz to 15 kHz
(AC coupling) or DC to 15 kHz
|200.00 mV||10 µV||22 MΩ||0.03% FS ± 2 cts|
|2.0000 V||100 µV||1 MΩ||0.03% FS ± 2 cts|
|20.000 V||1 mV||1 MΩ||0.03% FS ± 2 cts|
|200.00 V||10 mV||1 MΩ||0.03% FS ± 2 cts|
|600.0 V*||100 mV||1 MΩ||± 0.8 V|
|300.0 V||100 mV||1 MΩ||± 0.8 V|
0-100% of FS,
10 Hz to 15 kHz (AC coupling)
or DC to 15 kHz (DC coupling)
|2.0000 mA||0.1 µA||100 Ω||0.03% FS ± 2cts|
|20.000 mA||1 µA||10 Ω||0.03% FS ± 2cts|
|200.00 mA||10 µA||1 Ω||0.03% FS ± 2cts|
|5.000 A||1 mA||0.01 Ω||± 20 mA|
|* Range ETL certified to 300.0 V|
|Analog Output (standard)|
|Output Levels||4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10 Vdc, -10 to +10 Vdc (user selectable)|
|Compliance, 20 mA||10V (0-500Ω load)|
|Compliance, 0-10V||2 mA (5 kΩ load)|
|Output Resolution||16 bits (65,536 steps)|
|Output Accuracy||0.02% of output span plus conversion accuracy|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 minute test|
|Serial Data Output (standard)|
|Type||RS232 or RS485 (half or full duplex), jumper selectable|
|Data Rates||300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200 baud|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Serial Protocols||Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Laurel ASCII|
|Modbus Compliance||Modbus over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002)|
|Ethernet Connector||RJ45 jack for 10/100 Base-T Ethernet cable|
|RS232/RS485 Connector||Screw terminals for easy daisy chaining|
|Digital Addresses||247 for Modbus, 31 for Laurel ASCII|
|Dual Relay Output (standard)|
|Relay Type||Two solid state relays, SPST, normally open, Form A|
|Load Rating||120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc|
|Standard Power||85-264 Vac or 90-300 Vdc|
|Low Power Option||10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac|
|Power Frequency||DC or 47-63 Hz|
|Power Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Power Consumption||2 Watts|
|Dimensions||129 x 104 x 22.5 mm case|
|Mounting||35 mm rail per DIN EN 50022|
|Electrical Connections||Plug-in screw-clamp connectors|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C|
|Relative Humidity||95% at 40°C, non-condensing|
|Cooling Required||Mount transmitters with ventilation holes at top and bottom. Leave 6 mm (1/4") between transmitters, or force air with a fan.|
|Datasheet, Manual, Mechanical and Serial I/O info.|
4-20 mA & Serial Data Transmitter for AC RMS Voltage or Current
- Brand: Laurel Electronics, Inc.
- Model: LT
- Availability: In Stock