The LTS serial data input, analog output transmitter accepts RS232 or RS485 serial data using the Modbus protocol, Laurel ASCII protocol, or direct ASCII characters, and converts this data to an isolated, scalable 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V analog output. The unit is housed in transmitter case which is only 22.5 mm (0.89") thick and fits on a 35 mm DIN rail. It is normally powered by AC (85-264 Vac), but can optionally be powered by low voltage AC or DC.
Standard features of the LTS6 include:
- Serial data input, RS232 or RS485. The data to be converted to analog can be specified using the Modbus or Laurel ASCII protocol at data rates to 19200 bps. Modbus implementation is fully compliant with Modbus over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002) in RTU or ASCII, half-duplex or full-duplex operation, with up to 247 digital addresses. Using the Laurel ASCII protocol, the unit is able to retrieve digital data from long character strings. You can specify character positions, start and stop ASCII characters, how many characters to skip, and how many characters to process. Slave operation requires connection to a master.
- 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V analog transmitter output, isolated, jumper-selectable and user scalable. All selections provide 16-bit (0.0015%) resolution of output span and 0.02% output accuracy of readings from -99,999 to +99,999 counts. Output isolation from signal and power grounds eliminates potential ground loops.
- Dual solid state relays for control or alarm, isolated. Rated 120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc. The relays can respond to digital readings or to received control characters.
- Universal AC power, 85-264 Vac, or low voltage power, 10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac.
Easy Transmitter programming is via Laurel's Instrument Setup Software, which runs on a PC under MS Windows. This software can be downloaded from this website at no charge. The required cable from the transmitters to a PC com port is available from Laurel (P/N CBL04).
- Converts an RS232 or RS485 input to an isolated, scaled 4-20 mA, 0-10 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V analog output
- Supports Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, or Laurel ASCII protocols
- RS485 serial data can be half or full duplex
- Able to retrieve data from long character strings
- Serial data rates from 300 to 19,200 bps
- Analog output resolution 0.0015% of span (16 bits), accuracy ±0.02% of span
- Dual 120 mA solid state relays can respond to readings or to control characters
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac power
- DIN rail mount housing only 22.5 mm wide, detachable screw-clamp connectors
|Serial Data Input (standard)|
|Signal Types||RS232 or RS485 (half or full duplex), jumper selectable|
|Data Rates||300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200 baud|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Serial Protocols||Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Laurel ASCII|
|Modbus Compliance||Modbus over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002)|
|RS232/485 Connector||Screw terminals for easy daisy chaining|
|Digital Addresses||247 for Modbus, 31 for Laurel ASCII|
|Analog Output (standard)|
|Output Levels||4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10 Vdc, -10V to +10V (user selectable)|
|Compliance at 20 mA||10V (0-500Ω load)|
|Compliance at 10V||2 mA (5 kΩ or higher load )|
|Output Resolution||16 bits (65,536 steps)|
|Output Accuracy||±0.02% of output span|
|Output Update Rate||Determined by input data rate|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 minute test|
|Dual Relay Output (standard)|
|Relay Type||Two solid state relays, SPST, normally open, Form A|
|Load Rating||120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc|
|Standard Power||85-264 Vac or 90-300 Vdc|
|Low Power Option||10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac|
|Power Frequency||DC or 47-63 Hz|
|Power Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Power Consumption||2W typical, 3W with max excitation output|
|Dimensions||129 x 104 x 22.5 mm case|
|Mounting||35 mm rail per DIN EN 50022|
|Electrical Connections||Plug-in screw-clamp connectors|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C|
|Relative Humidity||95% at 40°C, non-condensing|
|Cooling Required||Mount transmitters with ventilation holes at top and bottom. Leave 6 mm (1/4”) between transmitters, or force air with a fan.|
|Datasheet, Manual, Mechanical and Serial I/O info.|
Serial to Analog Converter
- Brand: Laurel Electronics, Inc.
- Model: LTS
- Availability: In Stock