- With a Standard Main Board, the transmitter output can track rate (such as gallons per minute or watts) or totalized rate (such as gallons or kilowatt hours) whether the transducer output is linear or requires square root extraction (differential pressure flow transducers).
- With an Extended Main Board, the transmitter can also perform custom curve linearization (provided by a curvilinear spline fit with up to 180 data points), display 1/ rate (such as the time it takes a conveyor to pass through an oven), and perform batch control for repetitive fill operations. Such applications typically make use of optional dual solid state relays, which are available as options. External reset of totals is provided by a special connector.
A signal conditioner board converts the full-scale 0-1 mA, 4-20 mA or 0-10 V analog signal to a frequency of 10 kHz to 110 kHz. This frequency is determined by measuring period over a selected gate time (from 10 ms to 200 s) and taking the inverse of period. At the lowest frequency of 10 kHz and the minimum gate time of 10 ms, the transmitter is capable of 25 updates per second. Scaling is done mathematically. Totals are calculated as the product of rate and time in seconds regardless of the selected gate time. Totals are stored in nonvolatile memory in case of power loss.
Standard features of Laureate LTE transmitters include:
- 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V analog transmitter output, isolated, jumper-selectable and user scalable. All selections provide 16-bit (0.0015%) resolution of output span and 0.02% output accuracy of a reading from -99,999 to +99,999 counts that is also transmitted digitally. Output isolation from signal and power grounds eliminates potential ground loops.
- Serial communications output, RS232 or RS485 (half or full duplex), jumper selectable. Three protocols are user selectable: Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, or Laurel ASCII. Modbus operation is fully compliant with Modbus Over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002). The Laurel ASCII protocol is simpler than the Modbus protocol and is recommended when all devices are Laureates.
- Dual solid state relays, isolated, for alarm or control. Rated 120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc.
- Transducer excitation output, isolated. User selectable 5V@100 mA, 10V@120 mA or 24V@50 mA.
- Universal 85-264 Vac power. Low-voltage 10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac power is optional.
Easy Transmitter programming is via Laurel's Instrument Setup Software, which runs on a PC under MS Windows. This software can be downloaded from this website at no charge. The required transmitter-to-PC interface cable is available from Laurel (P/N CBL04).
- 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or -10V to +10V transmitter output, 16 bits, isolated
- RS232 or RS485 serial data output, Modbus or Laurel ASCII protocol, isolated
- Dual 120 mA solid state relays for alarm or control, isolated
- 0-1 mA, 4-20 mA or 0-10V process signal input, isolated
- Converts signal input to a scaled rate or totalized rate
- Selectable square root for differential flow
- Output accuracy maintained for narrow or wide spans
- Analog output resolution 0.0015% of span (16 bits), accuracy ±0.02% of span
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac power
- DIN rail mount housing only 22.5 mm wide, detachable screw-clamp connectors
|Analog Input||0-1 mA||4-20 mA||0-10 V|
|Input resistance||1.00 kΩ||50 Ω||1.01 MΩ|
|Max current or voltage||35 mA||70 mA||600 V|
|Input Resolution||6 digits|
|Span Tempco||±0.003% reading/°C|
|Zero Tempco||±0.003 FS/°C|
|Accuracy at 25°C||±0.01% FS ± 1 count|
|Read Rate||25/sec (typical)|
|Analog Output (standard)|
|Output Levels||4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10 Vdc, -10 to +10Vdc (user selectable)|
|Compliance, 4-20 mA||10V (0-500Ω load)|
|Compliance, 0-10V||2 mA (5 kΩ or higher load)|
|Output Resolution||16 bits (65,536 steps)|
|Output Accuracy||0.02% of output span|
|Output Update Rate||25/sec|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 minute test|
|Serial Data Output (standard)|
|Signal Types||RS232 or RS485 (half or full duplex), jumper selectable|
|Data Rates||300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200 baud|
|Output Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Serial Protocols||Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Laurel ASCII|
|Modbus Compliance||Modbus over Serial Line Specification V1.0 (2002)|
|Ethernet Connector||RJ45 jack for 10/100 Base-T Ethernet cable|
|RS232/485 Connector||Screw terminals for easy daisy chaining|
|Digital Addresses||247 for Modbus, 31 for Laurel ASCII|
|Transducer Excitation Output (standard)|
|Jumper Selection 1||10V @ 60 mA, isolated to 50V from signal ground|
|Jumper Selection 2||5V @ 50 mA, isolated to 50V from signal ground|
|Jumper Selection 3||15V @ 60 mA, non-isolated|
|Dual Relay Output (standard)|
|Relay Type||Two solid state relays, SPST, normally open, Form A|
|Load Rating||120 mA at 140 Vac or 180 Vdc|
|Standard Power||85-264 Vac or 90-300 Vdc|
|Low Power Option||10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac|
|Power Frequency||DC or 47-63 Hz|
|Power Isolation||250V rms working, 2.3 kV rms per 1 min test|
|Power Consumption||2W typical, 3W with max excitation output|
|Dimensions||129 x 104 x 22.5 mm case|
|Mounting||35 mm rail per DIN EN 50022|
|Electrical Connections||Plug-in screw-clamp connectors|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C|
|Relative Humidity||95% at 40°C, non-condensing|
|Cooling Required||Mount transmitters with ventilation holes at top and bottom. Leave 6 mm (1/4") between transmitters, or force air with a fan.|
|Datasheet, Manual, Mechanical and Serial I/O info.|
4-20 mA & Serial Data Output Transmitter and Totalizer for 0-1 mA, 4-20 mA or 0-10 V Analog Proces Signals
- Brand: Laurel Electronics, Inc.
- Model: LT
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: 4-20 mA & Serial Data Transmitter for Frequency, Rate or Period Input, LT60VF1, LT60VF2, LT60VF3, LT60VF4, LT80VF1, LT80VF2, LT80VF3, LT80VF4, LT61VF1, LT61VF2, LT61VF3, LT61VF4, LT81VF1, LT81VF2, LT81VF3, LT81VF4